For a long time, Chinese reading comprehension has been the weakness of many students. In the face of reading long and complicated exam articles, students are often at a loss, or unable to grasp the essentials of the questions, resulting in erratic results in the Chinese reading paper. It is like buying a lottery every time. .
However, Chinese reading comprehension is not a scourge. As long as the method is appropriate, many seemingly difficult question types can be easily solved. This time, I will share three tips, which students can try to use after reading it, so as to improve their ability to read in Chinese:
1. Speed reading <br>When answering reading comprehension, students should first quickly browse the whole article, paying attention to the title (center), opening paragraph (point of view), ending paragraph (conclusion) and the first sentence of each paragraph (theme) sentence), sort out the context, understand the basic outline, and don't spend time on new words and difficult sentences. Every time you read a paragraph carefully, you should summarize the meaning of the paragraph in time.
2. Targeted reading
This technique can be used on long topics. An article will not use all the content as detailed questions, so just see where the part of the long question is aimed at, and then read the paragraph carefully. This will greatly reduce the scope of reading and enable students to better use Time, carefully analyze the meaning of the paragraph, it is easier to accurately grasp the answer.
3. Judging the question types and breaking them down one by one
Reading comprehension generally has four question types: long question and answer, short question and answer, multiple choice questions and inductive paragraphs. Generally speaking, short questions and answers and multiple-choice questions are concise and to the point, and it is easy to find the answer through a short paragraph of text. After completing the speed reading, students can quickly find the scope of the article corresponding to the topic and give priority to answering these questions. In the face of long questions and answers, you can cooperate with careful reading and slowly think about the content requirements of the question (for example, asking students to answer reasons, results, examples, etc.) to find the answer. This kind of answer layout provides clear thinking and helps students find the rhythm of answering papers.
4 . Re-read the full text and verify the answers
After answering the questions, students should read the whole article again from the beginning to the end against the answers to ensure that the answers are correct. At the same time, the answer requirements are: accurate, concise and comprehensive.
Brief summary: 1. Take a look at the full text and grasp the main idea. Second, examine the questions carefully and scan them in a targeted manner. 3. Screening combination, directional expression
"Summarizing the general idea of a paragraph" is often caught in the trap of making one mistake and all mistakes because one link is linked to another. In fact, many times, the summed up paragraphs are narrated around the same thing/person/period, etc., and we can see the connection between paragraphs. Every time you have doubts about a paragraph, you might as well ask yourself: Does this paragraph have anything to do with the previous paragraph? Are they saying the same thing? Such self-reflexive questions will help students to more easily clarify the demarcation line of induction.
Many students do not know how to understand the article or the topic, but do not have the correct reading skills: For example, for each short question and answer and multiple-choice question, they have to find the answer from the article again, and they read a lot without finding the key points. Time-consuming accidents result in long questions with no time to peruse passages, tease out, and organize answers. Therefore, it is not difficult to improve the performance of Chinese reading by first mastering the skills of reading and basic answering questions.
However, many students will report that it is still difficult to understand and accept the author's information even though they keep practicing the test papers. This is because many students have neglected an important part of reading comprehension - reading. This is not just about the chapters during the exam, but about the amount of reading that students spend in their spare time. The genres and themes of Chinese articles are ever-changing, but they remain the same. As a matter of fact, many writers have built up their predecessors' techniques such as burying foreshadowing, advancing the plot, pointing the topic, ending, and symbolizing, and gradually formed a kind of context and habit. Therefore, we must do the following when answering questions:
1. Review the questions calmly and avoid carelessness
When answering reading questions, don't panic, calm down, start with the easy ones, and gradually open up your mind according to the way of thinking from easy to difficult, from shallow to deep.
2. Carefully study the paragraphs and perceive the content of the article as a whole
Usually when reading an article, you need to read it quickly for the first time. First of all, you must focus on understanding whether the genre of the article is narrative or expository. When answering questions, avoid writing answers in a hurry without reading the article completely. It is best to read the article from beginning to end first, so as to have an overall understanding and understanding of the article. Secondly, we should preliminarily sort out the ideas of the article.
The "backward reading method" is to read the topic first, then read the passage, and finally find the answer. For the questions given at the end of the article, we use "one-time judgment", "one-by-one analysis" and "exclusion method" to judge and answer them.
3. Cleverly use the "original words" to determine the problem-solving space
On the basis of reading the full text, put the questions to be answered in the read article, and then browse the test questions to be answered. After preliminary thinking, determine the solution Problem reading space. Some test questions require to use the original words in the text to answer, we can use the original words in the text to answer, then we can "directly extract information from the article" to answer the question.
If it does not explicitly ask to use the original words in the text to answer, we can also "extract information directly from the text" to answer the question. If it specifies that students must use their own words to answer, we can also ask students to translate the original words in the text, or in other words. Strive to dig out the hidden information and deep meaning of the original sentence. Some questions need to combine the full text content, dig out the hidden information of the sentence, and seek the perfect answer after careful thinking.
4. Choose an appropriate method and try to answer the questions in a reasonable way
There are still certain methods to find when doing reading comprehension questions. You can choose different methods to answer according to different types of questions. Here are roughly summarized as 4 types.
(1) Putting it in context is to think about the problem in context. This method is suitable for "understanding the meaning of words; understanding sentences with profound meaning; finding synonyms and antonyms to experience situations, etc.
(2) Experience the scene is to let the students exchange roles with the author, think about the question and answer it from the author's standpoint. This method is especially suitable for questions and answers and understanding the author's thoughts and feelings.
(3) Connect with life that is, jump out of the text, expand the scope of thinking, and think about things related to this: such as whether the texts learned, the accumulation of knowledge, and life experience can help you solve problems. This method is especially suitable for sentence-type topics that talk about your own feelings, experiences, or understandings.
(4) Combining with the center This is a method that cannot be ignored in answering reading questions. Starting from the center of the article to think about each question, the answer will have a foothold.
5. Reasonably control the time for answering questions, first easy and then difficult
First of all, you should browse the full text of reading comprehension to understand the overview of the full text of reading comprehension. After reading it, you should remember the main points of the reading comprehension article, the important conclusions of reading comprehension, and some key names, places, definitions and numbers in reading comprehension. When encountering difficulties in reading comprehension, don't go into a dead end and waste too much time. The reading comprehension questions that cannot be solved for a while should be discarded decisively, so as not to affect the solution of other more confident reading comprehension questions. After all the reading comprehension questions are solved, if you have time left, come back and do the reading comprehension questions you gave up.
Other featured article excerpts: